Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 1: General rules
Сertificate IEC 60947-1 applies, when required by the relevant product standard, to low-voltage switchgear and controlgear hereinafter referred to as “equipment” or “device” and intended to be connected to circuits, the rated voltage of which does not exceed 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC.
This document states the general rules and common safety requirements for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear, including:
– information supplied with the equipment;
– normal service, mounting and transport conditions, decommissioning and dismantling;
– constructional and performance requirements;
– verification of characteristics and performance;
– energy efficiency aspects (see Annex V);
– environmental aspects.
This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2007, Amendment 1:2010 and Amendment 2:2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– DC values testing improvement;
– update of EMC tests;
– Annex B deletion;
– update of requirements for environmental tests (Table Q.1);
– improvement of Annex R (new examples);
– deletion of digital input Type 2, and introduction of Type 3 in Annex S;
– example for materials declaration (Annex W);
– new Annex X (co-ordination between short-circuit protective devices associated in the same circuit) created.